Cereal Krispie Treats
Simple and yummy snack to make using your favorite cereal and marshmallows.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
Yields: 20 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 c mini marshmallows (or 1 package of regular marshmallows 10 oz.)
- 4-6 c of your favorite cereal (# of cups depends on the cereal, ex. 6 c Rice Krispies)
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add your cereal to the marshmallows. Stir until well coated.
- Using a spatula (coated with nonstick cooking spray) evenly press cereal mixture into 9 x 13-in pan also coated with cooking spray.
- Let cereal treats cool for 5-10 min. Cut into 20 squares.
- To store, place in an airtight container, up to 3 days.